How do we deal with the corona virus at Partena Hulp in huis? Read all about the general agreements for all our domestic aids here. Also check out the answers to a few FAQs.
This page will be updated daily, so please check this frequently for the latest information.
LAST UPDATE: Friday 27/3/2020 - 9h55
NEW: You will no longer receive our newsletter by mail, you can download the latest version: Dutch - French
These are exceptional times in which we must and want to take care of each other. First of all we would like to thank you very much for your flexibility and adaptability. As your employer we care about your health, and the health of your relatives and clients.
We will stop providing services with service vouchers (dienstencheques) from 18 March until 3 April. We will continue to monitor and assess the situation, in order to decide in time should we need to extend this period.
You and your colleagues are cleaning at more than 15,000 families, as a result of which you may be spreading the corona virus unintentionally. Of course we want to avoid that. Your health is and continues to be our most important priority!
Temporary unemployment due to force majeure
The national employment service (“RVA”) has decided that employees working with service vouchers can obtain a temporary unemployment benefit due to force majeure if their employer stops providing services due to the outbreak of the corona virus. At Partena Hulp in huis we decided to stop our service delivery on the 18th of March.
This implies that, as from 18 March onwards, temporary unemployment due to force majeure applies to you, and that our government will grant you a replacement salary based on your labour agreement.
What should I do to obtain this unemployment benefit?
The RVA has simplified the procedure for employees in temporary unemployment, and for the time being the form C3.2A is not required because the RVA will contact us directly in order to gather all required information. In certain cases, a form C3.2-Corona must be completed.
What does this mean today?
- You do not need to provide a completed paper form to your trade union, nor to the aid fund.
- You should not worry in case you have lost the form, and you should not request a duplicate from the RVA nor from our Human Resources department
Some of you, however, must fill out the requirement documents in order to obtain the unemployment benefit.
- If you have never requested any temporary unemployment benefit (“EW”) till present.
- If you have never requested any temporary unemployment benefit (“EW”) since you started working at Partena Hulp in huis.
- If you have never requested any temporary unemployment benefit (“EW”) since your labour agreement has changed (more, or less contractual hours).
- If it is more that 3 years ago since you last requested temporary unemployment benefit (“EW”).
- If you have reached the age of 65 since you last requested temporary unemployment benefit (“EW”)
You request the temporary unemployment benefit via the special form called “C3.2 Corona”. You can obtain it from your payment institution. Join a union ABVV - ACV-CSC - ACLVB-CGSLB or ‘hulpkas' HVW.
The form asks for the first unemployment day of the month. When was that?
The form asks for the first unemployment day of the month. This is not necessarily 18/03/2020, because it may well be that you had EW for a day before. You must therefore fill in the very first day of EW of the month (regardless of whether this was economic unemployment or temporary unemployment due to force majeure). If in doubt, contact your consultant!
Am I unemployed now?
Your labour agreement has been suspended temporarily, but it goes without saying that you remain an employee of Partena Hulp in huis. As soon as we reactivate our service delivery, we expect you to return to your clients. The current regulation is applicable until 3 April 2020. During this timeframe we remain available for any questions you may have!
UPDATE! There is finally clarity about illness during this time
General: during the first 14 days of illness you are entitled to guaranteed wages from the employer, after that you automatically fall on the hospital and you must submit a "confidential document".
Specific for this period: Partena Hulp in huis pays guaranteed wages up to and including 17/3. If you were still ill afterwards, you fall back on the mutuality. You may submit a "confidential document" (vertrouwelijk document) to the health insurance fund. You have 14 days from the first day of illness for this. You will not receive guaranteed wages and no benefits for temporary unemployment during the period of illness from 18/3.
Example: you were ill and have a doctor's certificate from 12/3 to 23/3/2020.
- You will receive guaranteed wages from Partena from 12/3 to 17/3
- You will receive a benefit from the health insurance fund from 18/3 to 23/3
- From 24/3 you are entitled to a temporary unemployment benefit due to force majeure
To obtain this benefit, you must take the following steps:
- Report your illness to your consultant (via text or email).
- Immediately submit your "confidential document" to the health insurance fund (this must be done within 14 days in order not to lose any benefits). So let your doctor fill this in immediately during your consultation.
Members of Partena Mutuality may exceptionally deliver this document digitally ! You can do this by uploading the document on this page. Or by post to Partena Ziekenfonds - dienst Arbeidsongeschiktheid, Sluisweg 2 bus 1 in 9000 Gent.
- If you have a doctor’s certificate, please send it to us digitally. It is uncertain that the 'regular' mail will be processed on time. Please take a picture of your doctor’s note and send it by e-mail to your consultant or to email@example.com or WhatsApp 0492 13 32 86.
Do you still have paper service vouchers at home?
Please send them to us as soon as possible, in a white Partena envelope. Alternatively, you can use any stamped envelope and send it to the following address: Partena Hulp in huis - Dienst Boekhouding, Sluisweg 2 in 9000 Gent.
When will I receive my next schedule?
We will not be sending any schedules by post this week. As soon as we have decided when we will reactivate our services, we will send you a new and updated schedule.
How long will this last?
For the time being, we suspend our services until 3 April 2020 as a minimum. Should we extend this period, you will be the first one to be informed. Please check this website for regular updates as we will post them here!
The most recent information about the virus can always be found at www.info-coronavirus.be.
Thank you so much for your understanding, your daily commitment, and your hard work.
Stay safe, take care of yourself and your relatives.
Kristel Bracke, director of Partena Hulp in huis
Read the info in Dutch.
Read the info in French.